Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Puppy

No, not a real puppy, but how tits would that be?? This is better. WAY better. My guy has traded for a '68 squareback. Slammed squareback. I'm completely in love with it. He has been driving a '64 bug for a couple of months, that has an adjustable beam (that was installed wrong, so it can't be adjusted,) and it's slammed in the front, but needs to come down a notch or two in the back to even it out, in my opinion, but the ride is so squirly it's scary.

It's hard to tell in this photo, but you get the idea. We hit a bump the other night, and shaved concrete off of the street itself. Stupid low, which is how I love my dubs. Back on topic, the squareback he has traded for sits at my chest, and I'm 5'10. It's doesn't have the best paint, the rear quarter panels are off of another car, and they have a gorgeous patina that would kill the rest of the car if that's what was on it. It currently has a white roof, and a fuckery of black, blue, and the rainbow on the rest of the car. This photo doesn't do the car justice, I'll get another with one of us standing next to it. 

To get you to understand why I've dubbed it the puppy, we were driving out to see the car, and David has seen or heard about it before, one of the guys in DAC had thought about buying it not too long ago. David likes type 3's better than type 1's. He's used to the larger, better handling cars. I was joking on the way out, that we're going to get a puppy. It's always fun and games talking about a puppy, but once you see it, and touch it, and look deep into it's little eyes, you're hooked. You have to have it. This was David's puppy. I promised him I would take care of it, wash it, drive it, the whole bit. So it's been decided, I will forever call it The Puppy. 

Now, onto my news......

I'm not getting over excited. Trying, would be a better term for that statement. I've gotten a '73 Standard Bug. All new brakes, new wiring harness, it looks rough, SUPER rough, but it isn't. It's just ugly :) Now my build thread can start. This bug didn't come with an engine, which is cool, I'm throwing a simple 1776 together to drop in and get used to the car. I will still continue my build for the turbo 1776. Once that is finished I will swap them out. The pans aren't too bad, they need to be patched up in a few places. 

The interior isn't horrific. The headliner has a few tears, I think it has new panels with it, but the interior will be redone in cream, with some sexy leopard print seats. I've been debating the paint, because it obviously NEEDS paint. There's been talk of navy, which I love. I've always wanted a navy car. Bring on the pearl! It will get a 4" beam, dropped spindles, and notches dropped in the rear. All static. 
Of course, I'll keep this updated at this point, this is now the build blog. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment